Sign UP

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Aviary for Create with Connie and Mary

Remember this from yesterday?



Here's the rest of the story:

Earlier in June, I purchased a pass to the awesome Create with Connie and Mary New Catalogue Edition. This is the FIRST time they've done Create for the bit catalogue and I didn't want to miss out! I have NOT been disappointed!

Each week, Connie and Mary issue a challenge to the participants who have purchased a pass. Through the challenges, participants have to opportunity to win a pass to the NEXT Create with Connie and Mary. Well...I had good intentions LAST week - OOPS! - but didn't want to miss out this week! Here's my card:


Just like the rest of this week, I had cardstock already out on the table and it happened to be Daffodil Delight and Island Indigo. This weekend, I'm doing a class where we'll be using the notecards and the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper, so I thought I'd use that and then I could show my "students" what ELSE they could do with the abundance of DSP they'll have left over (each participant get a full pack of notecards and a half pack of Summer Smooches DSP as part of their class fee).

I had the scraps already cut, so I just used those and then went on. It seemed like the PERFECT sketch for Aviary and since I think Aviary is a "bright and happy" set, it sounded like a great idea! (Can something "sound" like a great idea if the idea is in you head? LOL!)

I wanted a little sentiment on the card too, but didn't want something that would overwhelm the rest of the card. I always imagine the little birds from Aviary wanting to say hello, so that sentiment from Tiny Tags was just perfect!

And I decorated the inside too:


I stamped the same bird again in Rich Razzleberry, mimicking the bird on the front, minus the cage. I also added some Island Indigo sponging to the edges of the Whisper White Cardstock.

Here's an idea! The very next person that places an order through my online store will get THIS CARD in the mail!!! I won't even write in it, so you can use it yourself!

What do you think??


STAMPS: Aviary, Tiny Tags
INK: Basic Black, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry
PAPERS: Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo and Whisper White Cardstock; Summer Smooches DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Bakers Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals


Happy Stampin'!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it!! I might have to make this myself, you know, after Saturday! Can't wait for class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your students will love this card. Great colors and I like the stamped image in the corner! So glad you joined the Saturday Challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I love how you used the bird cage on top! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge on Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This paper just has happy all over it! I love how you used it with the aviary set! SOOOO cute! The folks in your class will LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday subscriber challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheerful card! I love the added detail on the circle, too! I am so glad to hear you are loving the projects from the New Catalog Edition! Thanks for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card!! I love the little bird and the colors are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining the Saturday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card!! I love the little bird and the colors are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining the Saturday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!