Sign UP

Friday, July 13, 2012

Too late for Dynamic Duos, but too cute to not share!

OK, so I KNOW I said yesterday was my last Dynamic Duos card. And TECHNICALLY it was, since the Dynamic Duos challenge closed yesterday, but I created this one for a SUDSOL challenge using the Dynamic Duos challenge colours and I just HAD to share!


I started off with a Rich Razzleberry base and added a layer of Old Olive Designer Series Paper from the Brights Paper Stack. These stacks are SO much fun! You get four sheets of EACH colour in the Brights colour family. Forty 12 x 12 pages of DSP for $26.95. You can't beat that!

For my Whisper White layer, I took a large post-it note and laid it across the paper being sure to line it up with my grid paper to ensure the line would be straight. Then I stamped the top of the sheet. I removed the post-it, flipped it the other way and did the bottom.

Then, I lined up my Whisper White again and using a ruler and my SU! markers I drew the lines. Then...I crossed all my parts, took a deep breath and stamped the sentiment from Bring on the Cake WITHOUT my Stamp-a-majig. PHEW! It worked!  :)


I had a little smudge and a bit too much white space, so I added this cute flower punched using the Boho Blossoms Punch. Just as I always tell my class participants, "There are no mistakes, only opportunity for creativity!".

Then, I finished the inside:


It's a dear friend's birthday today, so this went into the mail to her earlier this week. I sure hope it gets to her on time!!!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Reason to Smile, Bring on the Cake
INK: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
PAPERS: Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry Cardstock; Old Olive DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Basic Rhinestones, Markers

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!