Sign UP

Monday, July 9, 2012

Simple Sympathy

I don't know about you, but for me, a sympathy card has to be simple and elegant. For today's card, I chose Reason to Smile (available ONLY in July!). It's not that a sympathy card IS a Reason to Smile, I just think the images lend themselves to simple and elegant.

Want to see?



I stamped the outline in Garden Green and Cajun Craze and then filled it in with Tangerine Tango and Wild Wasabi.

I FINALLY bought Petite Pairs (I KNOW! What took me so long!) and used that sentiment and Wild Wasabi Ink to add it to the front of the card.

I added several wraps of Whisper White Bakers Twine.

Here's the inside:


No doodling here!

I don't know about you, but I find it MUCH easier to make a sympathy card when I DON'T need one. The reality is that sympathy cards are a necessity and I'd much rather make one ahead of time than have to think about making one when I (sadly) really need it.

We made this card and a spot-lighted card at my FIRST EVER Canadian Blossoms Team Meeting on Saturday evening. There were only a few of us, but we had a WONDERFUL time! If you ask nicely, maybe I'll share the spotlight card with you soon... :)

If the card looks a little smaller to you, it's because this is a Stampin' UP! notecard. The notecards (AND envies!) come in a pack of 20 (each) for just $7.50. You can't beat that!

And don't forget! The "Reason to Smile" stamp set is ONLY available until July 31st! You can get it for just $5 with an order of $60. You KNOW you want it! :)

What do you think?

STAMPS: Reason to Smile, Petite Pairs
INK: Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango
PAPERS: Whisper White Note Cards
ACCESSORIES: Baker's Twine

Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!