Sign UP

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Freshly Made Insane Fussy Cutting!

I've decided to just embrace my insanity and not apologize for it. I LOVE FUSSY CUTTING!!! So there - LOL!

Today's card is brought to you courtesy of the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I love their sketches because they allow for a LOT of creativity! One of the design team even used the same set I chose! How cool is that?

Here's my card:



I started off with a Real Red base, mostly because it was pretty much the only colour I HADN'T used from the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper - LOL! I then added a layer of the Real Red DSP.

The image panel was stamped on Whisper White using the two-step stamping method. Or...is it three step stamping if you use more than two colours? I started with the clouds in Tempting Turquoise and then added the sentiment in the same colour. Next, I stamped the balloons in both Real Red & Tangerine Tango and cut them out. I lined them up without adhering them to determine where I wanted to stamp the baskets and stamped them in Basic Black. Once the baskets were stamped, I adhered the balloons with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Then...just for sh*ts and giggles (as my friend Rose-Ellen would say), I decided to stamp and fussy cut the ribbon that's hanging off the basket. It was attached using just a dot of mono-multi glue (or, as I like to call it, green goop) on the end closest to the basket. BTW, it's not "green goop" because it's green - it goes on white and dries clear - it's "green goop" because the caps of the bottle are green.

Here's a couple of close ups:




I took out a piece of Tangerine Tango Cardstock and adhered a piece of Tangerine Tango DSP from the Summer Smooches pack and then adhered these to the card base. Next came the strip of Tempting Turquoise and then finally the image panel was attached using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I didn't stamp on the inside of this one, but I did doodle:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Up, Up and Away
INK: Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Basic Black
PAPERS: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red Cardstock; Summer Smooches DSP
ACCESSORIES: Mono Multi Glue, Basic Rhinestone, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

8 comments:

  1. Yes a very cute card!! You've got fussy cutting down to an art, so clean and even - great detail!!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Love the colours! who doesn't love red?! Great job on the fussy cutting! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great festive card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute card Christyne! I love the little scene you created with the clouds and popped up balloons. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    Fabulous card ...
    Hugs sylvie
    Gibraltarxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set I do have! Although I think I'll just be stamping the tail, not cutting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card ... wow, your fussy cutting is amazing!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those hot air balloons! Great color scheme! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!