Sign UP

Friday, July 6, 2012

A little MOJO brings out the Best of Everything

I don't want to say it, because I don't want to jinx it, but shhh...I think I got my MOJO back.

For the past little while, I've been in a bit of a funk (this seems to be going around - what's UP with THAT?), not really creating, not really wanting to, but kind of really wanting to, if you get what I mean. I'm always happier when I'm creating, but sometimes just can't put it all together. *sigh*

This week, there's been a series of SUPER awesome sketches and inspiration around the web and it seems to have been JUST what I needed!

Today's card is brought to you by the MOJO Monday sketch! I STILL have my class papers out on my creating space, so they got used again! :) I'm sure my ladies will LOVE seeing all these samples at class tomorrow.

Check this out:


I started off with an Island Indigo base and while I wouldn't NORMALLY pair Island Indigo with Tempting Turquoise (the colour values seem a little off to me), I figured since they were together on the SAME piece of paper, it might be worth a shot. I'm not 100% sure that I like it, but with such a small border, I think it might work! :)

Then, I had an extra piece of Lucky Limeade sitting around (from the card you'll see tomorrow - LOL!) and added that...another layer of Tempting Turquoise and THEN I decided on the stamp set...yeah, a little backwards!

Anyway...I used my markers to ink up the little branch (though youngest DS asked why the tree was sideways) with Early Espresso and Lucky Limeade. Then, I used markers again to ink up the bird (Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango) and since I had the markers out, I just used the Tempting Turquoise marker for my sentiment.

The MOJO sketch had a little embellishment off to the left of the image panel, but since I stamped my image on the left, I decided to add my embellishment on the right. Besides, there was a bit too much white space there for me.


To create the little rosette, I "rooshed" up some Daffodil Delight Seam Binding and then adhered it to a punched circle (1" in this case, though you could make it bigger if you wanted a bigger rosette) covered in Sticky Strip. I added the large pearl in the centre and a small piece of 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta under the circle before adhering it to the image panel.

And then of course, there's the inside:


I added another piece of Summer Smooches DSP and a smaller piece of Tempting Turquoise. I then use the markers again to stamp another image of the branch. Then I added the same doodling as I did on the front image panel.

What do you think?

STAMPS: Best of Everything, A Word for You
INK: Do Markers count? LOL!
PAPERS: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo Cardstock; Summer Smooches DSP
ACCESSORIES: Markers, Punches, Seam Binding, Taffeta, Large Pearl, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. Amazingly fun! But alas, I do not own that set! I really like the Island Indigo and Tempting Turquoise! Not that I want to jinx it, but congrats on getting your mojo back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the class tomorrow and yes I will be checking out that flower - love the look!!
    And the doodling, definitely going to try and do more, you had me hooked at the Stampin' Extravaganza! It just 'finishes' it sometimes, both on the front and inside, it just works!!
    Can't wait!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!