Sign UP

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Inspired by Lyssa

Today's card was inspired by my dear friend, the lovely and talented Lyssa Zwolanek. Lyssa had a piece published in Stampin' Success (yes, it's THAT magazine again!) that she submitted for the Art Contest and this card is a result of my interpretation.

Check it out!


I started off with a little note card - SUCH a FUN size! - and then decided on a layer of Crumb Cake Cardstock around which to wrap my buttons.

I started off stringing the buttons on a L-O-N-G piece of Whisper White Bakers Twine and then wrapped the buttoned twine around the Crumb Cake layer. When I had all the buttons where I wanted them, I tied a knot in the back and attached the buttons with glue dots so they wouldn't move around.

Before attaching the layer to the card, I added the sentiment from Petite Pairs stamped in Night of Navy.

Here's a close up of the NEW (from the 2012-2013 Catalogue) wood look buttons:


Is that not the CUTEST? They come in three sizes/styles and are just $6.95 (#127554).

What do you think?

STAMPS: Petite Pairs
INK: Night of Navy
PAPERS: Whisper White Notecards; Crumb Cake Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Buttons, Bakers Twine

Happy Stampin'!

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!