Sign UP

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Red and White for the Stampin' Queens!

This week Cristena asked us if we would use red/white/blue in our cards since were celebrating Canada Day and Independence Day. I hadn't yet made my card when she asked (yes, I'm a bit behind!), so I was happy to accommodate!

As I mentioned in this blog post, my *superfantasticawesome* downline Teresa accidentally left her "Reason to Smile" set behind at Extravaganza. Since I still have it (thanks Teresa!) I decided to use it. :)

Here's my card for this week:




Based on this sketch:


As so often happens, I had supplies already out (what? It's not like you put all your supplies away - LOL!) and decided on Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and Crumb Cake, which, BTW, qualifies for this week's Dynamic Duos colour combo of Crumb Cake and a colour of your choice - WOOT! LOVE two-in-one challenges.

Yes, I stamped and hand cut the flowers...yes, I'm just a little nuts!

Come back tomorrow and you can see what this is all about:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Reason to Smile
INK: Cherry Cobbler
PAPERS: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake Cardstock; Cherry Cobbler DSP
ACCESSORIES: Ribbon, Glue Dots

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

  1. A lovely choice of colour and design. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're nuts at all! :) I love cutting out images for cards when I have the time! Love the sketch you used and the red is wonderful with the Crumb Cake, especially that striped DP!! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, fussy cutting is one of those things that helps keep us crafters sane. Although I always question it when I decide to do it. LOL! This is so pretty, Christyne! The red just pops. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!