Sign UP

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Creative Crew for Christmas in July!!

A few days ago, I got an inbox message on SplitCoast Stampers...which was kinda weird, because I don't spend TOO much time on there - though I should...because there's LOTS of ideas to be had! Anyway...the message was from Patty who said:


We are contacting you because we love your work and would like for you to be on our next round of the Creative Crew which runs from September to December, 2012.


Say WHAT??

Yeah...I was pretty much floored. Someone asked ME to be on a design team? Not the other way around. I was awed, amazed, surprised...and then I cried...happy tears of course!

So...since I haven't been on SplitCoast in a little while,  I thought I should try my hand at the July Creative Crew Challenges which, as you know from the last couple of posts, sport a Christmas theme.


Today's card features the stamp set Christmas Lodge, which was one of my FAVOURITE sets from last year's Holiday Mini and I was THRILLED when it made it's way into the BIG catalogue for 2012-2013. So...you can be sure you'll be seeing a LOT of it!

I wasn't too sure about the sketch for this month, but I think it turned out OK, especially with the rounded corners.

I used the colour spritzer tool on this one - it's perfect for Christmas, plus it makes the Very Vanilla Cardstock look a lot like the Naturals Ivory Cardstock, don't you think? If you don't have this tool yet, I'd consider adding it to your list of must haves.

I finished the inside too:


I'm running REALLY low on Very Vanilla Cardstock (it's arriving in my next order), so I had to make the inside panel a little on the small side. I figure that's OK though because now I have a card to send to someone where I don't have to say too much - LOL!

What do you think?

STAMPS: Christmas Lodge
INK:
PAPERS:
ACCESSORIES: Corner Rounder, Colour Spritzer Tool

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!