Sign UP

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stampin' Queens Aviary gets a CCMC Colour Challenge

Another one where I wasn't too sure about the darker red (in this case Riding Hood Red) going well with the lighter colours of So Saffron and Pool Party. And again, I chose it as an accent colour and it worked out perfectly! (if I do say so myself - LOL!).


Here's my card for this week's Stampin' Queens' Sketch:


Since I FOUND the So Saffron piece that I lost from this post, I decided I would use it (that and the fact that it was part of the required colours - LOL!) as the base. Then I added a layer of Pool Party and one of So Saffron DSP.

I stamped the image of the cage using Basic Grey (another required colour) on Whisper White and punched it out using the 1 3/4" circle punch. My nod to Riding Hood Red is the 2 3/8" scalloped circle on which I layered the image.


Yes, I fussy cut the bird again. I couldn't help it! It looks so darn CUTE!!!

When all fails, cut it out!


I stamped that darn cage image FOUR times and I couldn't get it straight! I probably COULD have taken out my stamp-a-majig, but I guess I was feeling particularly stubborn! So...I just cut it out and popped it up on a few dimensionals. It works, right? Then I doodled around the edges using my Pool Party Marker. At least I got THAT right! SHEESH!!!!

Here's the sketch on which the card was based:


What do you think?

STAMPS: Aviary
INK: Basic Grey, Riding Hood Red
PAPERS: Whisper White, So Saffron, Pool Party and Riding Hood Red Cardstock; So Saffron DSP
ACCESSORIES: Punches, Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals

Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the colors!! And I love the layout. Thanks for joining the Saturday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...I absolutely LOVE the way the red just absolutely POPS on this card! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary New Catalog Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!