Sign UP

Friday, July 27, 2012

Prepare to be AMAZED!

Are you sitting down? Sure? Ready?

I SCRAPBOOKED!!! With REAL PAPER!!!

I was trolling Facebook earlier this week, catching up with all the last bits and pieces of convention chatter, when I came across the most AWESOME scrapbook page by the amazingly talented Wendy Weixler. She was an Artisan Award WINNER this year and seeing her work, you'll KNOW it was well deserved.

Anyway, it was one of Wendy's pages that made me want to scrapbook with PAPER! I didn't end up CASEing her page as I had planned, because while I was trying to remember where I'd seen the darn thing, someone linked me up to Brandi and then I got a whole OTHER idea!

Check this out:


That's my girl!! You may remember seeing this photo before. I used it here for a digital layout created in My Digital Studio. I was messing around in Photoshop Elements and I'm still not REALLY sure what I did, but I like the way the colour is mostly gone from the photo. It gives it a nice vintage feel.

Here's the journalling:


Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine.
~ Jeffrey Glassberg

Since I used all those butterflies, I was looking for a quote and this one just spoke to me. Sometimes, she can be a pain (what teenager isn't?), but for the most part she's a ray of sunshine!

A couple of detail shots:



I cut out a LOT of butterflies, using both the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die.

What do you think?

STAMPS: None
INK: None
PAPERS: Sahara Sand and Midnight Muse Cardstock; Sahara Sand and Comfort Cafe DSP
ACCESSORIES: Big Shot, Die, Embosslit, Basic Rhinestones

Happy Scrappin'!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! It's beautiful. I have so many pictures that I should sit down and scrapbook! I love how you arranged the butterflies. The colors are a great compliment, too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for your post, I really enjoy your blog. Long time lurker, first time commenter, you know the drill. I tried to share this one time before, I don’t think it posted correctly…hopefully it will this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to leave me a comment. I read every one of them and appreciate the time you spend on my blog. Have a GREAT day!